Nothing gets my family in the Christmas spirit quite like a chilly visit to the Christmas Tree Farm. We sip on hot chocolate, eat sugar cookies, and spend way too long looking for that perfect tree to take center stage in our family room for the next few weeks. While this family tradition often leads to meltdowns, crabby kids (and sometimes crabby adults), the memories we make are worth every second.
To make this sometimes daunting task a bit easier, we’ve put together a huge list of Mid-Michigan Christmas Tree Farms for you and some tips to help make this day a fun one and maybe a new family tradition!?!
Use the interactive map below to find a location near you or make it a day trip and visit some place new!
Here are my tips to make this day a fun one:
- Bring snacks. Snacks packed? Pack more – crackers, fruit, veggies, pretzels, raisins, rice cakes, applesauce pouches, Goldfish crackers, trail mix – all of it.
- Drinking water.
- Hats, gloves/mittens, warm coats, and boots for everyone – even the significant other that insists they do not need them.
- A set of warm/clean clothes for each child – this may seem like a bit much but, every year one of our littles has needed them.
- A chainsaw – this is optional – but, the farm we visit only supplies hand saws and when your fingers are nearly numb, this makes cutting down much easier.
- Hot chocolate and sugar cookies – again optional – but these are so fun for the kids! Make this easy on yourself and pick them up from the grocery store on the way.
- Christmas music! Find your local station or load up your playlist!
- Research – before heading out, ensure that your selected location is open and has the type of tree you would like available for cutting. Christmas tree farms often have atypical opening days and times.
Did we miss a favorite location? Leave a comment below!
Check out all of our guides and resources to the Mid-Michigan area here! From the best pizza and tacos to where kids eat free – We’ve got you covered.
Charboneau Christmas Tree Farm in St. Charles is our favorite!
Comments are closed.